Tottenham host newly-promoted Aston Villa this evening – with the Premier League clash live and exclusive on talkSPORT.
Spurs finished fourth last term as their promising domestic campaign faltered somewhat as they chased Champions League glory.
Mauricio Pochettino’s side have spent big this summer to try and hit back and they’ll kick off their title push with a clash against Villa.
Dean Smith has overseen a major spending spree at Villa as they begin life back in the top-flight, with 12 players signed in the close season.
And talkSPORT will bring you all the action from north London tonight.
Live on talKSPORT
Eriksen on the bench for Spurs, while Aston Villa had out four debuts
Guardiola unhappy with Man City’s first-half display in 5-0 win over West Ham
Premier League live: Crystal Palace v Everton commentary plus action from 3pm games
Pellegrini praises VAR and insists £45m Haller will shine for West Ham
How Man United and Chelsea could line-up with new signings set to feature
Why Everton are wearing last season’s third kit against Crystal Palace
Sterling hat-trick and VAR drama as Man City thrash West Ham in opening game
Wilfried Zaha on the bench for Crystal Palace against Everton
First goal in Premier League history ruled out by VAR in West Ham vs Man City
‘Proud’ Alex Iwobi posts classy farewell message to Arsenal fans
West Ham make blunder by naming Arnautovic in starting XI for Man City game
Giggs suggests players give Pogba same training ground treatment Ronaldo got
Tottenham vs Aston Villa: How to listen
The Premier League clash will get under way at 5:30pm on Saturday, August 10.
Full commentary from the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium will be live on talkSPORT, with our coverage starting at 5:15pm.
Clive Tyldesley and Ray Houghton on will be on commentary duty while after the final whistle we’ll have out GameDay Verdict with Laura Woods and Darren Bent where you can have your say on all the action.
To tune in to it all, just click here for the live stream or click the radio player below.
You can also listen through the talkSPORT App, on DAB Digital Radio or on MW 1053 or 1089.
For more information about how to listen LIVE on talkSPORT click here.
Tottenham vs Aston Villa: Match facts
- Tottenham will start a league season at home for the first time since 2010, following eight successive seasons with an away match to start their league campaign.
- Aston Villa have won just one of their last 17 competitive meetings with Tottenham Hotspur (W1 D3 L13); this coming in a 1-0 victory at White Hart Lane in April 2015 thanks to a first-half Christian Benteke goal.
- This is the sixth time Tottenham are playing their opening game of a Premier League season against a promoted side. They’ve won four of the previous five, with their only defeat coming in 2007-08 against Sunderland.
- Aston Villa are winless in their last 18 Premier League away games (D3 L15), losing their last seven in a row between February-May 2016.
- Tottenham’s Harry Kane has scored four goals in five Premier League appearances against Aston Villa, including two goals in their last such meeting: a 2-0 win for Spurs at Villa Park in March 2016.
Tony Cascarino thinks Mauricio Pochettino won’t last the season at Tottenham
Tottenham vs Aston Villa: Team news and line-ups
Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen is not included in the starting line-up.
The Belgium international is ruled out through injury, with Davinson Sanchez coming in, while deadline-day signings Giovani Lo Celso and Ryan Sessegnon are not in the matchday squad.
Villa hand debuts to four players as Tom Heaton, Bjorn Engles, Trezeguet and Wesley all get the nod. Fellow summer signings Douglas Luiz, Ezri Konsa, Matt Targett and Jota are all on the bench.
Tottenham: Lloris (c), Walker-Peters, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Rose, Winks, Sissoko, Ndombele, Lamela, Lucas, Kane. Subs: Gazzaniga, Aurier, Dier, Skipp, Wanyama, Eriksen, Nkoudou,
Aston Villa: Heaton, Taylor, Elmohamady, Mings, Engels, Hourihane, McGinn, Grealish (c), El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Wesley. Subs: Steer, Luiz, Lansbury, Konsa, Targett, Jota, Kodjia.