Title challengers Tottenham host newly-promoted Aston Villa this evening and the Premier League clash will be live and exclusive on talkSPORT.
Spurs finished fourth last term as their promising domestic campaign faltered somewhat as they chased Champions League glory.
Mauricio Pochettino’s side have spent big this summer to try and hit back and they’ll kick off their title push with a clash against Villa.
Dean Smith has overseen a major spending spree at Villa as they begin life back in the top-flight.
And talkSPORT will bring you all the action from north London tonight.
Rashford explains why forwards will find Wan-Bissaka tough to beat
Sanchez could leave Man United on loan, Arsenal move to tie down duo
Bring him on
Declan Rice can’t wait to play Tottenham and is relishing facing £55m man
He wants Maur
Pochettino reveals personal ambition for the season with Tottenham
PLENTY TO PROVE
‘I had a little chuckle’ – Villa star McGinn opens up on Man United links
The Chelsea fan who wet himself because of Maldini and likes Anfield
West Ham vs Man City kicks off talkSPORT’s huge day of live coverage
Every Premier League club’s summer transfer business rated
Laura Woods explains what Arsenal should achieve when injured players return
Alisson set for scan today as Klopp rules him out of Super Cup
Guardiola reveals Man City star drug-tested amid medication concerns
gun for sale
Mustafi could still leave Arsenal this summer, reveals Emery
Tottenham vs Aston Villa: How to listen
The Premier League clash will get under way at 5:30pm on Saturday, August 10.
Full commentary from the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium will be live on talkSPORT, with our coverage starting at 5:15pm.
Clive Tyldesley and Ray Houghton on will be on commentary duty while after the final whistle we’ll have out GameDay Verdict with Laura Woods and Darren Bent where you can have your say on all the action.
To tune in to it all, just click here for the live stream or click the radio player below.
You can also listen through the talkSPORT App, on DAB Digital Radio or on MW 1053 or 1089.
For more information about how to listen LIVE on talkSPORT click here.
Tottenham vs Aston Villa: Match facts
- Tottenham will start a league season at home for the first time since 2010, following eight successive seasons with an away match to start their league campaign.
- Aston Villa have won just one of their last 17 competitive meetings with Tottenham Hotspur (W1 D3 L13); this coming in a 1-0 victory at White Hart Lane in April 2015 thanks to a first-half Christian Benteke goal.
- This is the sixth time Tottenham are playing their opening game of a Premier League season against a promoted side. They’ve won four of the previous five, with their only defeat coming in 2007-08 against Sunderland.
- Aston Villa are winless in their last 18 Premier League away games (D3 L15), losing their last seven in a row between February-May 2016.
- Tottenham’s Harry Kane has scored four goals in five Premier League appearances against Aston Villa, including two goals in their last such meeting: a 2-0 win for Spurs at Villa Park in March 2016.
Tony Cascarino thinks Mauricio Pochettino won’t last the season at Tottenham
Tottenham vs Aston Villa: Team news and line-ups
Tottenham will be without Dele Alli while new £25m signing Ryan Sessegnon is also out with a hamstring injury.
Fellow new recruits Tanguy N’Dombele and Giovani Lo Celso could make their debuts but Ben Davies (groin) misses out while Son Heung-min and Juan Foyth are serving suspensions carried over from last season.
Eric Dier, Serge Aurier and Victor Wanyama are back in training and could be involved.
Aston Villa could hand Tom Heaton, Matt Targett, Jota, Trezeguet and Ezri Konsa their debuts.
Villa signed 12 players in the summer, including making loans for Tyrone Mings, Kortney Hause and Anwar El Ghazi permanent.
James Chester is the only absentee for boss Dean Smith as he is out with a hamstring injury.
Tottenham: TO FOLLOW
Aston Villa: TO FOLLOW