Bury owner Steve Dale pleaded by staff to accept offer for League One club as EFL threaten to postpone match against Gillingham


By Jackson Cole

12th August 2019,
8:50 pm

Staff at Bury have urged owner Steve Dale to accept an offer for the club amid the EFL’s latest threat to the Shakers with another postponement.

The League One side confirmed they have received a bid and would like Dale to sell up.

The future of Bury Football Club is still very uncertain


The future of Bury Football Club is still very uncertain

It comes after the EFL warned if Dale does not provide evidence the club can meet commitments to creditors by 9am on Tuesday then Saturday’s game against Gillingham will be postponed.

A Bury statement on Monday read: “We can confirm that today we have received an offer for the sale of Bury Football Club, one that we all at the club believe is a very good offer.

“This offer has been conveyed to Steve Dale and we are still waiting to hear from him.

“This offer is the only lifeline for the future of the club and we implore Steve Dale to accept it, as it has the full backing of all of the senior staff at Bury FC.”

The club, who have been deduced 12 points for entering into a company voluntary arrangement (CVA), had been issued with a notice of withdrawal of membership by the EFL and their first three games of the campaign have already been postponed.


talkSPORT’s Durham and Gough name their current top five players in world football


Liverpool boss Klopp reveals how long he expects injured Alisson to be out for


Alisson update, Pogba coy on Man United future, Lampard backed after horror start


Who is Caoimhin Kelleher? The Liverpool ace who could face Chelsea in the Super Cup


Pogba hails Maguire as a ‘leader’ and reveals new nickname for £80m man


Paul Pogba has not improved at Man United, says Sam Allardyce

super seb

The stats which suggest Haller is already more suited to West Ham than Arnautovic


Arsenal unveil dark navy and gold 2019-20 third kit made from recycled plastics

The Shakers have until August 23 to meet all outstanding requirements of the league’s insolvency policy or their membership of the EFL will be withdrawn.

EFL executive chair Debbie Jevans said: “We remain disappointed that we are still not in a position to reach a successful conclusion with Mr Dale but will continue to work diligently in an effort to receive the information we require.

“The real threat of Bury’s EFL membership being withdrawn still exists, a situation nobody – including this board – wants to see, and I sincerely hope we can find a way through these challenging circumstances for the benefit of all those who have an association with the club.”

Like it? Share with your friends!



Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *