Bury owner Steve Dale reveals intentions to sell League One club as EFL threaten to postpone match against Gillingham


Bury owner has said he is planning to sell the in-trouble League One club.

The Shakers have been told by the EFL that they face Football League expulsion if they do not meet all outstanding requirements of the League’s insolvency policy.

The future of Bury Football Club is uncertain but this latest news will be welcomed by Shakers supporters


The future of Bury Football Club is uncertain but this latest news will be welcomed by Shakers supporters

Earlier on Monday, staff at Bury urged Dale to accept an offer for the club amid the EFL’s latest threat with another postponement.

And it looks like these wishes will be granted by Dale.

He told SunSport: “I’ve decided it’s my intention to sell Bury FC due to the continued battle with the EFL and recent events which have affected my health.

“I’m a sensible man. I want the club to survive.

“I’ve been told there is a buyer but no one has approached me yet.

“But I am happy to sell. We’ve arranged a CVA (Company Voluntary Agreement) where non-football creditors get 25p in the pound. If they continue with that, they’re up and running.

“I was footing the bill for that. Now the new buyer must do that.

“I just want someone to acknowledge the eight months heartache and work that has gone into this, I will walk away.


Alisson update, Pogba coy on Man United future, Sterling boot deal offer


Zidane remains coy on Neymar to Real Madrid, Liverpool name Lovren price, plus more


Man City star Sterling considering eye-watering boot deal with Nike Air Jordan


talkSPORT’s Durham and Gough name their current top five players in world football


Liverpool boss Klopp reveals how long he expects injured Alisson to be out for


Who is Caoimhin Kelleher? The Liverpool ace who could face Chelsea in the Super Cup


Pogba hails Maguire as a ‘leader’ and reveals new nickname for £80m man


Paul Pogba has not improved at Man United, says Sam Allardyce

“I want the club to survive and I think I have done a good job from where we were to now.

“It may not have met with everyone’s approval but the survival of Bury FC is of the utmost importance.”

This comes after the EFL warned if Dale does not provide evidence the club can meet commitments to creditors by 9am on Tuesday then Saturday’s game against Gillingham will be postponed.

A Bury statement on Monday read: “We can confirm that today we have received an offer for the sale of Bury Football Club, one that we all at the club believe is a very good offer.

“This offer has been conveyed to Steve Dale and we are still waiting to hear from him.

“This offer is the only lifeline for the future of the club and we implore Steve Dale to accept it, as it has the full backing of all of the senior staff at Bury FC.”

The club, who have been deduced 12 points for entering into a CVA had been issued with a notice of withdrawal of membership by the EFL and their first three games of the campaign have already been postponed.

The Shakers have until August 23 to meet all outstanding requirements of the league’s insolvency policy or their membership of the EFL will be withdrawn.

Like it? Share with your friends!



Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *