By Marc Williams
12th August 2019,
Well what a weekend that was – the Premier League is back, GameDay is here and life is good.
The top-flight’s return brought with it all the usual drama, controversy and joy that we expected from the best league in the world.
Both Manchester giants, Tottenham and Liverpool got off to perfect starts, Burnley and Brighton claimed big wins and good old VAR made a subtle debut.
Here at talkSPORT, we were across it all as GameDay kicked off and we’ll have plenty more for you all to enjoy in the coming weeks and months.
This week is another belter here at talkSPORT HQ with a plethora of live commentaries for your delectation.
EFL apologises to Hull fan who was ordered to ‘stop texting or leave the ground’
CL VS EL
UEFA Super Cup: Liverpool vs Chelsea – When is it? Which stadium is hosting it?
Salah’s classy gesture after young fan breaks nose chasing his car
Alternative Premier League table, based on expected goals
Alexander-Arnold ‘as good as Beckham’ at crossing, says ex-Liverpool star
get rid of it
Murphy calls for VAR to be scrapped: ‘Something doesn’t feel right’
Arsenal equal stunning 2018/19 record after one game of new season
‘Too early to criticise Lampard’ – Ex-Chelsea star responds to Mourinho comments
Harry Maguire brings ‘Van Dijk-level calmness’ to Man United, says ex-defender
Lukaku starts Inter career with four goals after £72m transfer from Man United
The alternative result of every Premier League fixture, according to statistics
PSG fans launch scathing attack on Neymar and Tuchel admits he understands
First up, we’ve got Salford City (with the Class of 92 in tow) hosting Marcelo Bielsa’s Leeds in the Carabao Cup.
We’ll also have three EFL games and our usual healthy dollop of Super League action.
And then it’s all eyes on Saturday once again for GameDay, round 2!
The headline clash is without doubt Manchester City vs Tottenham as the title rivals battle it out at the Etihad in a huge early-season encounter.
Also on GameDay, we’ve got Arsenal vs Burnley and Norwich vs Newcastle plus our Around the Grounds show and Full-Time Phone-In so you can keep up to date with everything.
Here’s all the info you need to catch what we’ve got in store on talkSPORT this week.
Glen Johnson slams Saido Berahino for his attitude at Stoke
- Carabao Cup: Salford City vs Leeds – live on talkSPORT, coverage starts on Tuesday at 7pm
- Super League: Leeds vs St Helens – live on talkSPORT 2, Thursday at 6pm
- Championship: Huddersfield vs Fulham – live on talkSPORT 2, Friday at 6pm
- GameDay Live: Arsenal vs Burnley – live on talkSPORT, Saturday at 11am
- EFL GameDay: Sunderland vs Portsmouth – live on talkSPORT 2, Saturday at 11am
- GameDay Live: Norwich vs Newcastle – live on talkSPORT 2, Saturday at 2pm
- GameDay Live: Manchester City vs Tottenham – live on talkSPORT, Saturday at 5:15pm
- Championship: Reading vs Cardiff – live on talkSPORT 2, Sunday at 11am
- Super League: Hull KR vs Wakefield – live on talkSPORT 2, Sunday at 2pm
Saturday is GameDay on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2 as we become your go to destination for all the Premier League action. We’ll bring you LIVE commentary of Premier League games across all three time slots on Saturday – 12.30pm, 3pm and 5.30pm – delivering award-winning coverage to more GameDay listeners than ever.